We Find Answers For Unique Immigration Challenges
Chicago Immigration Lawyers

Do you need a Green Card? Is EB-5 Investor Visa right for you?

Latest News

Did you know that an investment as little as $500,000 can, in some cases, qualify you to get an EB-5 investor visa that leads to a Green Card, or Permanent Resident status in the United States? The EB-5 Visitor visa is not right for everyone. It may be right for you if:

1) You are on H-1b, or another non-immigrant visa, or are currently in a foreign country.

2) You have, or can get, liquid assets of at least $500,000 + attorney/regional center fees that you are willing to invest for several years. The investment cannot be a CD, or a “sure” investment, but rather, must be an “at risk” investment.

3) You are able to verify source of the money.

4) The money is yours. It must be “foreign” money (money earned by non-immigrant visa holders is considered to be foreign money)

5) You are willing to invest for little or no returns in order to obtain a Green Card, or permanent resident status in the USA.

6) You are not (by virtue of crimes or previous periods of unlawful presence, etc.) considered to be “inadmissible.”

If you meet these requirements, you should consider discussing further with a qualified immigration attorney to assess your options and chances of EB-5 success.

Related Articles